Thursday, December 17, 2015

On the Light Rail

I wrote a little Poem while I was on the light rail in Sacramento. Going to work.


Weary and tummy aches,
head is hurting and something smells funny
people and can’t look at, eye to eye.
The little part inside of me, doesn’t want to talk to anyone
but it’s a 1 hour ride.
On the light rail.

So I’ll sit here quietly, staring at nothing in particular.
Cause I can’t look straight at you.
But it’s hard to do so, cause my neck is pretty strained,
Looking this way
On the light rail

You noticed I glaced a couple times in your direction
You didn’t seem to care so I gazed a little longer.
My foot began to fall asleep being in the same position.
So i shifted.
Here we are now, staring at each other
on the light rail.

Should I smile?
Is that too creepy?
Or is this frowny face I have on alright?
I just want to get off now, avoid unusual confrontation.
Look it’s not my stop, but I’ll get off anyways.
Ohh wait, so did you.
Now you’re walking going somewhere.
Probably off to work.
Maybe you didn’t notice me, and now I’m on my own.
Waiting at this stop.
For the light rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment